The Agility is a competitive mode that allows sports with a dog. It was created in 1978 by Englishman John Warley to entertain the public in the dead time of dog shows. It created so much expectation, and soon caught importance beyond the borders of the United Kingdom. John Warley, along with members of clubs, designed the obstacles that make up the circuit.
This sport is that the dog walk the track in the shortest time possible and with as few penalties:
* Each failure or refusal is 5 penalty points.
* Every second that passes the computer during the entire course on the standard time set by the judge also penalized.
* 3 Withhold involves the removal of equipment, tools that can make any number of faults.
The agility, speed and strength are the most important features that should have the dog, along with a good rapport and guidance and discipline among them. This is not to be on a leash or collar. And the owner can not touch your dog, or the obstacles. The route should be known both for the dog to its owner, only shortly before the test allows the owner to a brief survey in order to memorize the order in which the animal must overcome obstacles. To guide it, use gestures, both visual and sound s .
First of all, funThere are different degrees of competition: In the experience: ▪ Novatos.
▪ Competitors world championships.
Depending on the size: ▪ Small.
At present, canine sport, inspired by the equestrian, has much relevance. So much so that championships are made. In Spain, more and more fans of this sport.
The reason for this expectation is easy that is involved in this game. You can engage any individual, regardless of race, beauty or size. There is only one condition: that more than five months and not suffer any illness or physical disability that prevents you from making a strong year. The Agility also serves to establish friendship with the dog, get fit and have fun.
The obstaclesThe obstacles should not present any danger to the dog and meet these requirements should be, dimensions and layout: Fences ▪ Simples:
- Altura: 55 to 65 cm. (Miniagility: 30 to 40 cm).
- Width: 120 cm. at least.
- Can be constructed in different ways between the posts:
· With bars (metal and PVC, are not recommended).
· Always supporting a jump bar at the top may be used for solid panels, trellis panels or panels with broom
· When gorse hedge with a bar is added at the top floor to a height of 55 to 65 cm and 30 to 40 cm in Miniagility.
▪ Dobles o triples:
- Made by assembling simple fences.
- Be placed in ascending order with a height difference of about 20 to 25 cm., Being situated higher in the back and a height of 75 cm. up.
- Separation of the total shall not exceed 70 cm
The viaduct ▪ Height: 75cm. a maximum (Miniagility: 40 cm.).
▪ Width: 120 cm. at least.
▪ Wall Thickness: about 20 cm.
▪ It is a flat panel comprising one or two openings in the form of tunnels.
The table ▪ Surface: Minimum 90 x 90 cm., Maximum 120 x 120 cm.
▪ Altura: 60 cm. (Miniagility: 35 cm.).
▪ It must be stable and have a non-slip top.
▪ Height: 120 cm minimum., Maximum 135 cm.
▪ step width bridge: minimum 30 cm., Maximum 40 cm.
▪ Length of each element: at least 3.60 m., 4.20 m. Maximum
▪ The ramps are equipped with small strips nailed at regular intervals between 25 and 50 cm. to facilitate access and prevent slipping.
▪ The bottom of the ramps will be painted on the upper surface and edges in different color from the set, a length of 90 cm. to the ground, to indicate the 'Contact Zone'.
▪ You can not put any bar to less than 10 cm. the upper limit of this area.
The rocker ▪ Width: minimum 30 cm., Maximum 40 cm.
▪ Length: Minimum: 3.65 m, 4.25 m maximum
▪ axis height above the ground: 1 / 6 the length of the plank.
▪ Practical example: for a beam of 3.65 meters long, the shaft height is 60 cm. If the length of 4.25 m. outside the axis would be 70 cm. in height. The contact zone is identical to the gateway. The rocker has to be very stable and slip. For use in miniagility will place a counterweight to contribute the balance.
The palisade ▪ Only International Championship is mandatory.
▪ It is comprised of two units that form an angle of 90 degrees.
▪ Width: 90 cm minimum. Which can be increased at the base to 115 cm.
▪ Highest point on the ground: 190 to 170 cm.
▪ The ramps are provided with slats fastened at regular intervals (approximately every 50 cm.) To facilitate climbing and prevent slipping.
The bottoms of the ramps should be painted over and edges of a different color to set, a length of 106 cm. to the ground to mark the 'Contact Zone'.
▪ Do not strip may be placed within 10 cm. the upper limit of this area.
▪ The top of the fence is not dangerous for the dog. If necessary, place a rubber gasket.
The slalom ▪ Number of posts: 8, 10 or 12.
▪ Minimum height: 1 m.
▪ Separation between each pole: 50 to 65 cm.
Rigid Tunnel ▪ Internal Diameter: 60 cm.
▪ Length: 3 to 6 m.
▪ Being articulate, allow the formation of one or more curves.
Túnel flexible ▪ Input: a rigid arc of 90 cm. in length.
▪ Height: 60 cm.
▪ Width: 60 to 65 cm. in width.
▪ Check out: flexible material (canvas fabric) of 3 m. long with a diameter of 60 to 65 cm.
▪ opening diameter: minimum 38 cm., Maximum 60 cm.
▪ Distance from the axis of the tire to the ground: 90 cm. (Miniagility: 55 cm.)
▪ The lower interior will be blocked for security reasons.
▪ The height of the tire will be adjustable through a system of chains or cables.
▪ The rigid connections will be rejected.
▪ It will always be located in a straight line.
The long jump ▪ It is comprised of 4 to 5 items slightly bent and separated from each other. The end sought is to obtain a jump of 1.20 to 1.50 m. (Miniagility: separation of 60 to 75 cm.)
▪ Length of the elements: 1.20 m.
▪ Height of the tallest item: 28 cm.
▪ lowest element height: 15 cm.
▪ Width of elements: 15 cm., Slightly declining.
▪ The four corners will be marked by posts approximately 1.20 m. high with a top protection.
▪ It will always be located in a straight line.
The estuary ▪ Surface Water Extension: 1.20 x 1.20 m.
▪ Maximum height: 10 cm.
- Jump length: 1.20 m.
- Anchura: 0,75.
- Jump length: 0.75 m.
- Anchura: 1.20 m.
- Requires a low fence with bars, always installed in front of the obstacle. Its height is 40 cm. in standard and 20 cm. in Miniagility.
- Will be placed where the judge sees fit depending on the layout of the track.
- The four corners will be marked by posts approximately 1.20 m. high with top protection.
- It is always situated in a straight line.